CRM Mitchell1 2021-06-30T22:01:41+00:002015 Ford Expedition CRM Mitchell1 2021-06-30T22:01:41+00:00
- Inspected vehicle on hoist and checked ac system pressure and found it much higher than spec. Recoved ac system charge and found it slightly below spec. Removed and inspected ac expansion valve as these are know to have issues and found minor debris inside. Replaced valve, charged system to spec and found ac system still had higher pressure than spec. Further inspection revealed a faulty low speed cooling fan that was inop at times causing only the high speed fans to operate. Replaced cooling fan assembly and now found the low speed cooling fans operational while ac is on, and system pressures back in spec.
- Mounted onto firewall of vehicle.Had metal shavings inside valve after inspecting.
- Service air conditioner. Check condition of all belts and lines. Evacuate and recharge with reclaimed R-134. Test system performance and add dye tracer for possible future leaks in system.
- Confirmed customer complaint and gained access to ignition key cylinder/ ignition switch. Was able to tap on key cylinder and the chime would go away. Removed ignition key cylinder and found the chime would still go off at times. Further inspection revealed a worn out ignition switch which sits behind the key cylinder and was causing the chime. Replaced the ignition switch and found the chime now gone with the ignition key out.
- IGNITION SWITCH- Remove & Replace
- ELECTRIC FAN MOTOR – Remove & Replace
Mike K. gave our service a 5 star review on 6/29/2021